Re: Debian Multi-Media.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:48:43 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:

>> Did I mention Christian at all?
>
> Christian is toe Owner/Responsable for the Domain D-M.

Yes, I know. But I did not mention anyone in special, my question was
rather generic.

>> If you read the full thread you'll find out what (and why) I was asking
>> what I asked.
>
> In my opinion, USERS which use external archives  like  "multimedia"  or
> "backports" should subscribe to the appropriated (announce) mailinglists
> and not bother others...

Glad to know your opinion.

I still think D-M issues (please, note that "D" letter... is for
"Debian"), being a "Debian" repository used by many "Debian" users can
also can fit here. C'mon, this is not the first time I read in this
mailing list about problems with D-M packages, and I don't think that's
bad or should be avoided.

> I am subscribed to arround 140 mailinglist, where more then 50 are  VERY
> LOW TRAFFIC anouncement lists...  all have to do  with  (Net|Free)  BSD,
> Linux and Debian.  But I do not expect special announcements of them in
> DEBIAN mailinglists.

Please, re-read the whole thread again.

And also review the archive of this same mailing list (back some weeks
ago) to discover what is this all about. Nobody seemed to be offended
then when we were talking about the problem, but now it seems like
anything related to D-M is generating bad feelings :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón