Re: Problems installing VLC [SOLVED]

On 25/02/11 11:10, teddieeb@tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
AG said:

Actually it was deceptively simple: added a line for unstable in my
sources.list, updated, and then installed vlc.  Hopefully this will not
come back to bite me, but all went very easily.

----

Just be sure to comment the unstable repos from your sources list after the fact

# apt-get clean
# apt-get update

To flush the repository system, do it now so you don't forget and do an upgrade by accident...

I have seen OS's Melt that way, very unsettling... LOL

TeddyB

Thanks TeddyB for the reminder. I did take care of that already, but it is a good reminder for those who may follow this thread later.

Cheers

AG