Re: Problems installing VLC [SOLVED]

On 24/02/11 18:28, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 02/24/2011 10:35 AM, AG wrote:
Hi there

I am having troubles installing VLC on testing/ wheezy.

The error messages are:

vlc:
Depends: vlc-nox but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: vlc-plugin-notify but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: vlc-plugin-pulse but it is not going to be installed

How do I overcome these dependency issues. I have selected vlc-nox, but
the system wants to remove a range of apps that don't seem to have any
logical connection, including Amarok, GNOME, Xine-UI, and a number of
libraries and Entagged, etc.

I appreciate that testing is, by definition, volatile, but this just
seems a bit of a quandry that I have no idea about how to resolve.

Can anyone help me out with some suggestions please.

I have testing/wheezy and unstable in my sources.list so I just install vlc and it was installed from the unstable branch.

Not for the faint of heart but it has worked for me for over 5 years with little or no major problems.

HTH
Wayne

Wayne

I have just ventured into the region wherein dragons lurk!!

Actually it was deceptively simple: added a line for unstable in my sources.list, updated, and then installed vlc. Hopefully this will not come back to bite me, but all went very easily.

Thanks - much appreciated!

AG