Re: shopt -s checkwinsize gone?

On 02/24/2011 03:36 AM, Thilo Six wrote:
Wayne Topa wrote the following on 24.02.2011 01:56

-- <snip>  --

I haven't uses this in ages but IIRC shopt -s checkwinsize used to show
the display size.

$ echo $COLUMNS $LINES
90 42

Thanks Thilo Six, but that I knew.

The problem I was was working on was that dpkg is wrapping its output on
multiple lines unless I pipe it's output to less.  On my screen, 210 75,
it is a pain so I was trying other methods try and solve that problem.

A more through Google search shows that other, non-debian, users are having problems with shopt as well. It seen that it is an upstream problem.

Now back to finding why dpkg's  is wrapping it's output.

Thanks again,

Wayne