Re: Things I Don't Understand About Debian

On Feb 24, 2011 7:34 AM, "Eduardo M KALINOWSKI" <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

> On Qui, 24 Fev 2011, Klistvud wrote:
>>
>> 4. The sshd daemon allows root logins by default.
>

> The reason for that is explained in README.Debian of the sshd package. You may not agree with it (and can easily change the setting), but it's not "ununderstable".

Actually, I always hate it when that's disabled. Especially in 'appliance' like unices like VMWare ESX. I've had to mess with kickstart just to change that after spending a time trying to talk a windows guy through editing the config and restarting the daemon.

If debian even thinks of changing this, I will raise hell.