Re: Weird problem with experimental repo

On 02/24/2011 02:53 AM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
From: Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
On 02/23/2011 08:58 PM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:

    I having weird problem with experimental repository.
    I want try latest pulseaudio package pulseaudio-module-jack_0.9.22,
    but this package is available via synaptic.

*Is* available, or is *not* available?

It is *not* available via synaptic. Sorry for typo.

Happens all the time... :)

   I tried also apt-get install, but same result.

What result?  We need to see *everything*, including what you typed in.

$ sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-jack
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
pulseaudio-module-jack is already the newest version.

But with -t experimental apt-get works, sorry I didn't knew this options.

$ sudo apt-get -t experimental install pulseaudio-module-jack

So the problem is only in Synaptic ... any help?

Either Synaptic can not use the Experimental branch or you do not know how to tell Synaptic how to use the Experimental branch.

Real Men Use The CLI, though, so to me the problem is irrelevant.

--
"The normal condition of mankind is tyranny and misery."
Milton Friedman