Re: Aptitude with ISO and network repositories?

* Per Dalgas Jakobsen <pdj@knaldgas.dk> [110224 09:42]:

> Yes, that's one of the other things I tried to do:
>   Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT.
> apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
> Err cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official amd64 DVD
> Binary-1 20110205-18:15] squeeze/main amd64 Packages
>   Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT.
> apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
> I'm afraid I'm still lost...
> Something else I might have missed?

Ah!  Forgive me; I forgot about apt-cdrom -- read the error message.

Did you read the man page for apt-cdrom?

    $ man apt-cdrom

One of the first things I do after installing a system is install
the package "synaptic", which takes care of such details.

RLH