Re: Where is the trust?

On Wednesday 23 February 2011 14:24:23 The Suspect wrote:
> >From where comes the trust for your archive?
>
> Let me explain something that I am sure you are fully aware, just to point
> it out.
>
> Your site says to download the following keyring file in order to trust
> your packages:
>
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debi
> an-multimedia-keyring_2010.12.26_all.deb

That's for D-M, not Debian.  D-M is an unofficial side project.  Even if the
people on this list had some control over Debian infrastructure they couldn't
do much about D-M.  Most of the people on this list are simply users of
Debian, so they don't have direct control over any Debian infrastructure.

Finally, The keys in debian-multimedia-keyring are also in debian-maintainers-
keyring from the master Debian repository.  Debian CDs already contain the
necessary information to verify packages from the master Debian repository,
and there are a number of other ways.  Presumably, if you are running Debian,
you should have these keys.