Re: Debian 6.0

On 22/02/11 22:35, Marius Pehk wrote:
What the heck version 6.0 when I can not insttall it?I hawe 8 DVDś witout grapphical enviroment Penntium III 500E Acorp moterboard 440 chpset 128MB memori, ATi 2000 pro video card LG Flatron LCD monitor

I second Chris' assessment: I used a netinstall disk and am up and running.

Check your hardware specs as Klistvud suggests and then be sure that at the tasksel option on the graphical install, select (graphical) desktop. The installation should take care of itself and boot you into a GUI login. If it doesn't, then your graphics card may be at fault, or it could be a failure in the installation process.

Best to post the error messages so that the knowledgeable folk here can help you more effectively.

Good luck.

AG