Has anyone built postfix 2.8.0 with TLS support from source?

I have a good postfix set up for TLS - to support secure SMTP with sasl auth
from roaming users.  It works fine on an earlier prerelease of Postfix 2.8,
and it was compiled against dev libraries in squeeze around November 2010
prior to squeeze release.

I have built the fully released Postfix 2.8.0 from source
with the same build options, against current dev packages in the fully
released Debian Squeeze.

If I update the binaries (make upgrade from 2.8.0 source) it causes
the smtpd daemon to be killed with signal 11 when connecting over TLS.

I can simply cd to my earlier postfix 2.8 source from fall 2010,
do a make upgrade and the problem goes away.

One of the variables here is new openssl-dev package since 2010.  I have not
chanced doing a plain 'make' in the older postfix 2.8 source for fear
I will lose my good binaries, although I suppose I could copy it away
for safekeeping and try it.

I've already been on the postfix mailing list to ask about the smtpd killing off.
The only suggestion so far is to try a postfix 2.8.1 RC

So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has compiled postfix 2.8.0 from
source with working TLS support on squeeze.