Re: Help with my Squeeze upgrade! (missing fonts)

On Fr, 11 Feb 2011, Erin Brinkley wrote:
> (1) Is it recommended to try adding /usr/share/texmf and /usr/share/texmf-texlive fonts to fontconfig?

No, definitely NOT recommended.

TeX Live includes *everything* that is on CTAN and redistributable
according to FSF/Debian (with some exceptions, and some Debian adaptions).

You don't know what font you will get.

There might be a font that calls itself "Times" and in fact is
a comic book font.

Adding *blindly* all fonts is a no go, and I will not do it.

> (2) Should I file a bug report with the "context" package for still using the obsolete name?

What in the context packages is using this font name?

> (3) What's up with Defoma????

No idea, it is dead as far as I know.

Best wishes

Norbert
STOKE POGES (n.)
The tapping moments of an index finger on glass made by a person
futilely attempting to communicate with either a tropical fish or a
post office clerk.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff