Re: Lenny-to-Squeeze: ... and no net. (Sorry, reSending)

On Lu, 21 feb 11, 10:01:42, PMA wrote:

> I gather from docs that the problem was my ISDN connection which,
> after the reboot following "install -udev", Squeeze simply disabled.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

> So I've now on another box downloaded debian-6.0.0-i386-DVD-1-iso
> and cat'd it to a usb stick; then on my half-upgraded box mounted the
> stick on /media/usbdisk and edited /etc/apt/sources.list to say just
>                    deb file:/media/usbdisk stable main contrib
> And now I've run "apt-get update", which responds
>                    Get:1 file: stable Release 900B
>      [though] Ign file: ... [the specified components]
>
> At this point, can I safely proceed with "apt-get dist-upgrade"
> (the upgrade-doc's first command (4.4.6) after that reboot)?

It's difficult to say, because I don't know if the first DVD has all the
needed packages to upgrade your box to squeeze. Maybe you should post
here the output of 'apt-get dist-upgrade -s' (-s means "simulate").

Hope this helps,
Andrei