NVidia: wake up from suspend

Hi,

I run Squeeze on a Latitude D630 laptop with Quadro NVS 135M (rev a1).

Can someone give me pointers how to fix the following?

I suspend to RAM. After the startup the first suspend-wakeup cycle is
normal (usually, more often than not) i.e. I return to the vt I
suspended from (X session on vt7).

However, after 2nd suspend onwards the system wakes up to some other
vt with text output from the wake-up process. I can switch with
ctrl+alt+7 to vt7 and resume normal session.

The /var/log/pm-suspend.log contains the following message:

  /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video resume suspend:Couldn't get a file
descriptor referring to the console
  Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console
  Returned exit code 1.

I have this problem from back when I installed Squeeze. It is
present on my system with or without NVidia drivers, with stock NVidia
driver and with latest drivers from NVidia site, installed manually.
Nouveau does not help and not an option for me anyway.

A couple of months back I tried several ways to fix this but no luck.

BTW, I noticed that the drivers from NVidia site later than 256.53
mess up X sessions when playing flash video. Use only stock driver or an
older driver from NVidia ftp.

--
BEWARE: English tongue is not my native one.