Re: nepomukuser

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 03:15, Paul Cartwright <debian@pcartwright.com> wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 12:14 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>>
>>> GNOME and Nepomuk.
>>>

>> Tracker is like Strigi+Nepomuk: the metadata store and access layer
>> is in the same application as the indexing tool. The tracker indexer
>> could , in theory, be used to feed data to Nepomuk - they both use
>> the ontologies that came out of the Nepomuk project (of which
>> Nepomuk-KDE is just an implementation) .  Xesam was at one
>> time going to be the cross-desktop search interface, so user apps
>> wouldn't need to care if they searched Tracker or Nepomuk, but
>> it seems to have died (they also had ontologies competing with
>> Nepomuk's, but that was dropped even earlier).
>>

> is this what you are talking about tracker:
> ii  libtracker-client-0.8-0                                0.8.17-1
>                     metadata database, indexer and search tool - library
> ii  libtrackerclient0                                      0.6.6-2
>                    metadata database, indexer and search tool - library

Yeah, that's part of it. Debian is way behind, still on 0.8, when 0.10 is
almost ready.

> I don't have the gui or any other tracker apps installed. not that I want
> them.. I always use:
> find / -name blah -print

Well, I don't use Tracker much either, but I want to write a music
player that uses it instead of building it's own DB. Find is great for
a lot of things, and all some people need, but Tracker can do things
find never dreamed of.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers