Re: nepomukuser

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 06:47, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can't see that menu :-?
>>>

>> gnome menu
>> System
>> preferences
>> system settings
>> click the advanced tab
>> click on desktop search
>
> I don't have such a menu entry ("system settings") in a pure GNOME
> environment. It sound to me like a KDE setting, could it be?

Yes, "System Settings" is KDE's Control Panel.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 05:06, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought GNOME was using Tracker as their default indexing search
> engine, dunno what is the current level of integration (if any) between
> GNOME and Nepomuk.

Tracker is like Strigi+Nepomuk: the metadata store and access layer
is in the same application as the indexing tool. The tracker indexer
could , in theory, be used to feed data to Nepomuk - they both use
the ontologies that came out of the Nepomuk project (of which
Nepomuk-KDE is just an implementation) .  Xesam was at one
time going to be the cross-desktop search interface, so user apps
wouldn't need to care if they searched Tracker or Nepomuk, but
it seems to have died (they also had ontologies competing with
Nepomuk's, but that was dropped even earlier).

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers