Re: Cannot set preferred application

On 20/02/11 19:30, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:16:12 +0000, Russell Gadd wrote:

(...)

So I now try right clicking on the file and choose Open with "Other
Application", choose "audacious" and tick the box which says "Remember
this appliction for MP3 audio files". Ok so it opens this time. I close
audacious and then click on another MP3 file and it opens (briefly) with
Movie Player.

Is there a setting somewhere I can tweak or is this a bug to report?

Hum... have you tried by right-clicking over the mp3 file, select
"properties", go to "Open with" tab and pick from there the app?

Many ways to do the same thing :-)

Greetings,

?? This is precisely what my paragraph meant. It doesn't persist.