Re: GNOME root's logins (looking for feeback)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:23:25 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 02/20/2011 11:14 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> I for myself prefer that users can play with "dangerous things" by
>> themselves. Once they've been bitten, they'll stop using it.
>>

> Because there are a *few* freedom-loving developers left, the ability to
> log in as root still exists.

And freedom is one of our (our=linux users) most precious assets.

> However, just because you *can* do it,
> doesn't mean that "they" should make it *easy* to do so.

Should we avoid users (or root) from using "rm" and replace it by an
alias to "mv → to trash" just because it can be dangerous?

IMO, "hidding" things is not the way to go, it only makes you waste your
time, but nothing more.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón