Re: cannot aptitude -t experimental install perl

[this has nothing to do with aptitude]

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 08:57:34AM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Gentlemen, I find no way to install the experimental version of perl.
>
> # aptitude -t experimental install ~i~nperl
>   perl  perl-base  perl-doc  perl-modules
> 4 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 89 not upgraded.
>   libcrypt-ssleay-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.10.0 which is a virtual package.
>   libparams-validate-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.10.1 which is a virtual package.
>   liblocale-gettext-perl: PreDepends: perlapi-5.10.0 which is a virtual package.
>   libperl5.10: Depends: perl-base (= 5.10.1-17) but 5.12.3-1 is to be installed.
>   libunicode-string-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.10.0 which is a virtual package.
> etc.
>
> It gets tangled up with too many paths perl-base -> perlapi-* etc.

This is expected at the moment; all the packages depending on
perlapi-5.10.0 and libperl5.10 will need rebuilding for the new perl,
which will of course happen once it hits unstable. Work on this is
currently in progress.

At a pinch you may find
<http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/perl-maintainers/2011-February/001699.html>
useful but please heed the warnings therein; unless you have a really
urgent need I recommend waiting until it's available in unstable.

Dominic.