Re: Two node storage failover with lvm and ISCSI

> we have two nodes connected to one big SAS storage (LSI 630j Jbod) with
> SAS HBAs and they can see all disks at same time.
> Now we want build a failover construct for lvm with ISCSI:
>
> LSI Jbod -> node* | raid | lvm | ISCSI -> Global IP ->> Client
>
> If the primary node fails, start raid on node two, activate lvm, export
> them via ISCSI, take over the IP address.
>
> There are many layers, that can fails, like raid, lvm, timing ....
>
> any suggestions?

Bugger. I always fail at replying to mailing lists using GMail. Repost.

I'd consider running clvm + gfs2 instead. That way, both nodes can
stay up and connected to the same filesystem at the same time. The
only decision left would be which node to use. OTOH, you can have an
HA configuration as well.

--
Justin Jereza
LPIC-1