Re: [slightly OT] I'm thinking about this piece of kit - how well will Debian work with it?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:11:30 +0000, AG wrote:

> I'm seriously considering this laptop
> http://3dguy.tv/toshiba-3d-enabled-laptop/ and wiping it clean of
> Windows (or dual booting) with Debian.
>
> Given the specs of the hardware, what is the likely quality of
> experience for the user with a Debian testing installation and what
> would likely be the best way of enabling as many of its whizz-bang
> features as possible?

Are you sure nvidia provides drivers for linux with their 3D vision kit?
I would first ensure about this point because it seems there two
different sets:

3D Vision home (can't see linux listed there)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

3D vision Pro (linux appears as supported)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_pro_graphics_boards_linux.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón