Re: Gnash killing my CPU

On 16 February 2011 22:49, Noah Duffy <n.milo.duffy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally noticed a tend today.  Whenever I have a web browser open,
> my laptop's fan goes nuts and the temperature shoots up to a level I
> don't like it to be at when I'm ONLY browsing the web.  I opened up
> the system monitor and one of my processors was was 100% with the
> other not to far behind.  I check the processes: Gnash is at 100%.  I
> killed it and probably will uninstall it because I need to run Flash
> for certain sites, but I'm still curious if anyone else has this
> problem with Gnash.

I use Gnash as my only Flash player, and it generally works well
enough for me.  However, I have occasionally seen crazy CPU usage and
even complete crashing of Iceweasel, once even getting it in such a
state that I couldn't kill it without killing Gnash first (it took me
a few minutes to figure that one out), and, for the record, the
culprit behind that situation was Google Translate! (Which I didn't
even realise used Flash.)