Re: What Would Cause Poor Performance (Remmina) Over SSH?

On 02/17/2011 03:04 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:33:08 -0500, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

I really like remmina, but I have run into an inconvenience. If I use
remmina directly on a local system the remote desktop sessions on
Windows clients are very responsive. But when I use an SSH -X session to
connect to my remote admin system and then launch remmina on that remote
admin system, the remote desktop sessions on Windows clients are very
slow (by comparison with tsclient sessions which were really snappy).

(...)

Have you tried by using compression for ssh x forwarding session?

ssh -X -C user@host

I guess you already tried by lowering all the resources for the client
connection (screen resolution, color depth...).

Greetings,

Hi!

You know something. I didn't try compression for the X forwarding SSH session. I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow. I'm on my way to where there are no Windows machines. (Yay.)

But I did try changing all the resource settings for the client connections. They made absolutely no difference. (The network here is very fast.)

Thanks for the suggestion. As I said, I'll give compression a shot tomorrow.

Regards,
Gilbert