Re: ClamAV update to 0.97

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:38:24 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> On Thursday 17 February 2011 09:41:43 Camaleón wrote:
>> Since a week (or so) ago, my ClamAV log is urging me to upgrade to the
>> lastest stable version available -as always- but I see no update in
>> volatile repo... is that expected to be done? :-?
>
> From what I understand, the clamav binaries are only updated in stable
> (even in stable/volatile or stable-updates) when a new version is needed
> in order to use the updated virus definitions, or for the normal stable
> update criteria.

Uh? Is that true? I thought the whole volatile repo was also handling
"oldstable" packages? :-?

> However clamav (and more and more software) starts getting noisy as soon
> as upstream provides a new version, for whatever reason.  Even in A/V
> software, not every upgrade is appropriate for stable.

Well, I don't read all and each of the ClamAV new released changelogs to
see what has been patched, but being an AV I'd expect a new version
corrects some severe bugs and not just "cosmetic" errors.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón