Re: ClamAV update to 0.97

On Thursday 17 February 2011 09:41:43 Camaleón wrote:
> Since a week (or so) ago, my ClamAV log is urging me to upgrade to the
> lastest stable version available -as always- but I see no update in
> volatile repo... is that expected to be done? :-?

From what I understand, the clamav binaries are only updated in stable (even
in stable/volatile or stable-updates) when a new version is needed in order to
use the updated virus definitions, or for the normal stable update criteria.

However clamav (and more and more software) starts getting noisy as soon as
upstream provides a new version, for whatever reason.  Even in A/V software,
not every upgrade is appropriate for stable.