Re: Way to have terminal/console application stack in gnome like in KDE 3.5's kicker?

On my LUG, someone provided a clue... there is a solution
which works for gnome.  It causes open windows to be grouped
in the gnome panel.

It isn't obvious where this is.  In the bottom left corner of the screen,
you've got the widget to "hide all windows and show the desktop".
To the right of that, before your first open task, is three vertical dots.
Right click on this small region and it has "Preferences" as an option.
Now I select "Always group windows".  That is exactly what I wanted.
Unbelievable they bury this and don't include it in the Gnome Control Panel.

Thanks to all for reading, and your suggestions.

--Donald