Re: Trying to Switch from Ubuntu to Debian

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 11:18:47 Sam Leon wrote:
> I honestly don't know how in the world my sound even works. I don't have
> pulseaudio or jack or any other daemons installed:

ALSA is sufficient in many desktop situations.  PulsaAudio has some nice stuff
for sound over a network.  Jack is good for low-latency effect chains.  ALSA
might also have problems if the hardware doesn't support multiplexing and dmix
or dsnoop are not on by default.