Fwd: fresh squeeze install fails to partition

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com>
Date: 16 February 2011 19:16
Subject: Re: fresh squeeze install fails to partition
To: David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>

On 16 February 2011 14:46, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
On 02/15/2011 04:43 PM, Neal Hogan wrote:
My goal was to install the debian GNU/bsd system, but things seemed to
be messed up. I've tried the mini.iso and full net-iso for both the
gnu/bsd and gnu/linux system (i386) and no matter what I try it fails
to partition my drive.
  eg.
     "[!!] Partition disks
      Failed to create a file system
      The ufs file system creation in partition #6 of ATA1 (ad0) failed"
No matter what option I try, the default, all-in-one partition, the
seperation /home partition, etc., it doesn't work.

I (almost) always partition my drives manually, and recently installed Debian i386 5.0.8 DVD 1 on one machine and Debian i386 6.0.0 DVD 1 on two others without any problems.

Yes, but it doesn't seem to be the standard i386 install that he's having problems with, with references like 'ad0' and 'ufs'.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.