Re: Squeeze update => disk unbootable

Thanks, Andrei.

Unfortunately so far it hasn't worked.  I've got the swap and all the ext3 partitions
labeled (verified by cfdisk), and with the rescue disk boot the labels seem to work.
I've modified /etc/fstab, replacing the original /dev/hdaX entries with the new LABEL=Y
entries.  But when I try to boot, the system fails to mount the drives.

[By the way, grub has UUIDs.  My initial attempts at changing this to labels hasn't
been successful, so for now I've left the UUIDs in place.  Does mixing UUIDs in grub
with LABELs in fstab pose a problem?]

The boot sequence first seems to fail at:
	findfs: Unable to resolve 'LABEL=ARoot'

...after which it fails on mounting the other partitions.  One curious line is:
	EXT3 FS on hda2, internal journal

This laptop has a single HD.  I've commented non-linux partition information out
of /etc/fstab.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

	-f