Re: hi,everyone! can someone give some suggestion for install debian in macbook pro 6.2?

On Tuesday 15 February 2011 12:48:25 kfihihc@gmail.com wrote:
>  i just got a MBP last week ,  i  want install debian . But the nvidia gf
> gt 330M like doesn't work when i install nvidia-glx .
> and  so  i install a   RUN file download from nvidia website , but the  x
> turn to black except the mouse( i just can see the mouse in screen ~_~).

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
http://wiki.debian.org/MacBookPro

HTH

I have an older NVidious card in my desktop, and used m-a to compile the
kernel module from the Debian -source package.  For the most part, things
"just worked", though.

> may be i shoud reinstall the system? :(

Nah, the installer will probably use nuoveau.  It's nice that it exists, but
without help from NVidia, I don't think it will ever have the performance and
features that many users expect from an NVidia card.

(I will be avoiding NVidia in the future and focusing on cards that are well
supported by the AMD/ATI drivers provided by the Xorg project.)