Re: How can I do that with mount

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 06:23:00PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> However, if I use cryptsetup + mount myself, I will see in df:
>
>  /dev/mapper/name ext2 ... /mnt/point
>
> Is there any way for mount/df to show "/dev/sdaxx" instead of "/dev/
> mapper/name"?
>
> Thanks
Iam not sure about that...but did you try /proc/partitions ?
also lines from manual for mount...

The device indication.
Most devices are indicated by a file name (of  a  block  special
device),  like /dev/sda1, but there are other possibilities. For
example, in the case of an  NFS  mount,  device  may  look  like
knuth.cwi.nl:/dir.   It  is possible to indicate a block special
device using its volume LABEL or UUID (see the -L and -U options
below).

/Jeffrin.

--
software engineer.