Moderation robot problem - can't post from Thunderbird

I'm having a problem with the moderation robot. I am a member of this
list - joined via googlemail. However I use Thunderbird to view the
newsgroup but when I try to use it to reply to a post the robot throws
it out as follows:

Your article has been examined by the automatic moderation program
and has been refused because:

this hierarchy accepts posts only from registered users.
You can register for posting by subscribing to the linux-gate@lists.bofh.it
mailing list. You can do so by sending a message with "subscribe" in the
body at the linux-gate-request@lists.bofh.it address or by visiting

For more information about the linux.* hierarchy please read the FAQ
at http://www.linux.it/~md/linux-faq

Virtually your,
The Moderation Robot.

------- Follows the first few lines of your article --------

...etc

It's inconvenient since I have to go back to the webmail service, find
the post and reply there. Not a big deal but annoying. What could I do
to get by the robot?