Re: Unable to print from Windows Vista Laptop via Samba

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:08:04 +0000, James Allsopp wrote:

> Thanks Pablo, I'll try that if I can't get it to work through samba.
>
> Problem seems to be with the config file not picking up the printing
> declaration. I have restarted samba after editting the file.

(...)

How are you adding the printer in the Windows Vista client? Have you
tried by using the IP of the linux server instead the name (i.e., "\
\192.168.0.1\printer_name")?

At the server side, you can review your samba log. While is a bit
"cryptic", sometime gives useful hints.

Additional info:

Greetings,

--