Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Lu, 14 feb 11, 20:55:05, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> on my Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze system
>>> in the textual - command line environment - console I can hear beep
>>> when hit on keyboard Down key at the and of command history,
>>
>> What DE? See also #610190.
>
> I'm running Window Maker, but being running gnome-settings-daemon too.
>
> I find debian bug report #610190.
>
> In the case of urxvt command I have the file .Xdefaults and in it the
> line:
>
> URxvt.visualBell: true
>
> so when the beep should heared I can see visuall Bell, but beep sound
> can't hear.

When in urxvt terminal window, I can run following commands and can hear
beep:

 $ beep

 $ tty
 /dev/pts/6

 $ beep /dev/pts/6

In all two case above ( '$ beep' & '$ beep /dev/pts/6' ) I can hear
beep.
I can't hear beep only when in empty line at prompt:

 csanyipal@debian-asztal:~$

hit the Down key on keyboard.

--
Regards, Paul