hyperlatex for squeeze

A few weeks ago, I saw a bug report or a posting regarding the
inclusion of hyperlatex in Squeeze.

If I recall correctly, hyperlatex has a dependency upon Emacs 22,
which, in turn, has a problem with unicode.  I do not find hyperlatex
in the Squeeze repository.

Previously running Etch, I have been using hyperlatex to generate a
website.  Now I am wondering whether there is a good work-around in
Squeeze.  Or must I run Lenny or continue to run Etch?

Is is likely that hyperlatex is going to be included in Squeeze? or
is the complement of packages in Squeeze fixed, inasmuch as Squeeze
now is Debian "stable"?

RLH