Re: How to install an older version (3.0) of OpenOffice?

2011-02-14 16:18, Jon Dowland skrev:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:33:36AM +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
Personally, if I would need to get it to work quickly, and without
risking the debian installation (by mixing library versions) I would
probably install lenny in a virtualbox environment, and then add the
relevant line to snapshot.debian.org in my apt sources. Then I would try
to install impress 3.0 from there, but schroot or perhaps lxc would
probably work just as well.

Why lenny, and not squeeze (current stable)?

Because lenny was released before impress 3.0 entered testing, whereas squeeze was release after that I have the following options:

I could either upgrade from lenny to the snapshot with impress 3.0, or downgrade from squeeze to the same snapshot, and upgrading is often easier than downgrading if versioned library dependencies are involved, so lenny seems the safer option to me.

/ johan