Re: How to install an older version (3.0) of OpenOffice?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: How to install an older version (3.0) of OpenOffice?
- From: Johan Grönqvist <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:33:36 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2011-02-12 08:32, Dietrich Bollmann skrev:
Does somebody know from where and how to install Impress 3.0 ?
I am using Debian sid.
I have no idea if it will work with a current sid, but older debian
packages are available via the "snapshot" service. See
different versions of impress.
I assume you will need to install other packages from snapshot as well,
but I do not know how that is best achieved without risking your sid
installation, apt-pinning or schroot come to mind, but I have not tried
those with snapshot myself, so I do not know if it will work.
Personally, if I would need to get it to work quickly, and without
risking the debian installation (by mixing library versions) I would
probably install lenny in a virtualbox environment, and then add the
relevant line to snapshot.debian.org in my apt sources. Then I would try
to install impress 3.0 from there, but schroot or perhaps lxc would
probably work just as well.
As I said, I never tried anything using snapshots, so all of this is