Re: Apt Crippled

On Lu, 14 feb 11, 22:42:15, Heddle Weaver wrote:

> Very well!
> I therefore declare, that with the power of asumption vested in me, That I
> forward this /etc/apt/sources.list to the list for perusal:

:)))

> #eb file:/var/cache/apt-build/repository/ apt-build main
> # See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
> # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
> # CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
>
> # main mirrors, local-2!
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ testing main
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ testing main
>
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ unstable main
>
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ stable main
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ stable main
>
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ testing contrib non-free
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ testing contrib non-free
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ unstable contrib non-free
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ unstable contrib non-free
> deb http://debian.co.il/debian/ stable contrib non-free
> deb-src http://debian.co.il/debian/ stable contrib non-free

Besides duplication I see nothing wrong with these entries. Must be a
temporary issue with the mirror, as was previously said.

[snip more sources.list]

> deb http://packages.debian.org/ experimental main non-free contrib

[snip even more sources.list]

> I don't know about you, but it scares the living daylights out of me!

Aside from this entry which is wrong I just noticed a lot of
duplication. In order to try having some overview I would split it in
logical pieces, for example:

,----[ /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ]
| experimental.list
| kernel.list
| lenny.list
| local.list
| marillat.list
| netselect.list
| nvidia-unreleased.list
| opera.list
| squeeze.list
| wheezy.list
`----

where netselect.list is generated with

    netselect-apt -n -o apt/sources.list.d/netselect.list sid

but quite often changed to point to ftp.at.debian.org :p

Regards,
Andrei