Re: XFCE and debian menu?

Tom Ashley <tomashleyjr@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:31:44 -0800
> Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org> wrote:
>
>> I am experimenting with a squeeze install of XFCE in VirtualBox, and I
>> just noticed that XFCE doesn't implement the debian menu.  Does
>> anybody know how to add that menu into the XFCE menu?  I did some web
>> searching and found some hints that it can be done, but nothing about
>> how to do it.
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> This worked for me: add new menu applet to panel and point it
> to /var/lib/menu-xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu, change the name and icon.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thank you!  That did indeed get it working.  The installation I had
didn't have that file, so I had to install the menu-xdg package first.
The file /etc/xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu is a symbolic link to the file
you listed, so I suspect that is the recommended location.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org