Re: php4 on Squeeze?

Hi Ed,

> Is there a way I can install php4 on my fresh install of Debian 6.0?
> I will also need many php4 mods such as gd, mysql, etc.

If you really REALLY want to install php4 on Squeeze
and create a SECURITY HOLE on your Debian 6.0 as
PHP4 is UNMAINTAINED this is how to compile it :
You need from Debian:
php4_4.4.6-2.diff.gz
php4_4.4.6-2.dsc
php4_4.4.6.orig.tar.gz
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/php4/6:4.4.6-2/

You need from me:
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_change.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_config.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_control.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_divert.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_noapache1.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_series.diff
php4_4.4.6-2-baco_zend.diff
http://tinyurl.com/php4-for-squeeze-by-baco-src

Then:
apt-get -y install build-essential
apt-get -y --purge remove autoconf automake
apt-get -y install autoconf automake
apt-get -y install autoconf2.13  # very important !
apt-get -y install ...-dev

dpkg-source -x php4_4.4.6-2.dsc

cd php4-4.4.6

for ext in control divert config zend series noapache1; do
   cat ../php4_4.4.6-2-baco_$ext.diff | patch --verbose -p1;
done

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

The compiled i686 .deb are available
http://tinyurl.com/php4-for-squeeze-by-baco-deb