Re (2): guidance for making a .Xresources file.

From:	Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com>
Date:	Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:24:45 -0700
> To workaround the noise create an empty file.
>
>   $ touch .Xresources

Check.

> The default file created automatically by vnc ... contains the
> following: ...

Restored that.  Yes, TightVNC works again.  Whew.

As expected with the trivial .Xresources, parameters in the screen on
the server and in the screen on the VNC client are the same.  The
desktop background, for example, is the same in both screens; not a
concern.  Conversely, I'd rather that a change of dimensions of the
browser window on one screen wouldn't change the browser on
the other screen.  For that I'll need to use xrdb properly with screen
specific parameters in .Xresources.  Documentation I've seen is skimpy.
http://wiki.debian.org/TinyWM for example, puts the invocation of
xrdb in /usr/bin/tinywm-session!  Certainly not good practice according
to discusion here.

Thanks for the help,                ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.