Re: Help with my Squeeze upgrade! (missing fonts)

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> But the truetype font you are trying to be recognized is not placed
> there, right? So, how can be X aware of that font if it's not in its
> path? :-?

That's exactly my question! Because X WAS aware of it until this blasted upgrade ... now it has no clue about these fonts. When you install a package with fonts, is there something you have to do to make X aware of them?

This might be a TeX problem because these fonts are in a TeX package, and all of a sudden now none of the TeX fonts are displaying. I try to view a DVI file (made from TeX) and get all kinds of crazy errors:

...xdvi.bin: Info: /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map: Entry for font "ts1-lmtt12" on line 7187 overrides previous entry.
xdvi.bin: Info: /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map: Entry for font "ts1-lmtt8" on line 7189 overrides previous entry.
xdvi.bin: Info: /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map: Entry for font "ts1-lmtt9" on line 7191 overrides previous entry.
xdvi.bin: Info: /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map: Entry for font "ts1-lmtti10" on line 7193 overrides previous entry.
xdvi.bin: Info: /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map: Entry for font "ts1-lmtto10" on line 7195 overrides previous entry.

So there's something HORRIBLE going on now with TeX fonts. I bet it's related. Not sure what to do.