akonadi

hi list, good morning local time.

as a test i installed squeeze with kde4 on a rather fast machine. (my working horse runs now on squeeze with xfce4)

the for me surprising fact: the machine is starting up (kde4) very slowly. when started up, it (dolphin) runs normally fast.

i read about bugs in the akonadi server if that is the problem (google). in earlier days i read something about adapting kde4 into the behavior of kde3.

somebody else with the same rather annoying experience? or, did i miss (temporarily in the gambia) a complete discussion? and, most important. is there a solution for this problem?

regards,

steef