Re: best labtop for debian

Jochen Schulz schreef:
hamed hosseini:
i want buy labtop,tell me best labtop for debian os?
900$-1300$
"my choice is lenovo labtop"

I have been using an X200 for the last two years and I am still very
pleased with it. The X201 is a bit more expensive and features more
recent CPUs, but you might want to consider getting an X200 with an
"old" CPU and invest the money you saved in a high quality SSD. I am
using an Intel X25m (1st generation) and I love it.
Let me advertise my Dell XPS. It is a bit three years old, but almost everything worked straight from the beginning. I only had to tweak a bit with alsa to get the internal microphone working. For the rest, no issues. I have the model with an nvidia chip, it was also sold with intel graphics. They also used to be sold (I don't know the current status) with Debian, in case you don't want to pay the MS tax. As for the laptop: it has too much processor for the battery, it lasts only about 3 hours when new. The keyboard is fine, the touchpad great.

Sjoerd