Re: Migration from Lenny to Squeeze: any feedback about configuration upgrade issues ?

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:54:46AM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm working on a project that aim to ease configuration upgrades during
> package upgrade. [1]
>
> Since a lot of people will upgrade them system from Lenny to Squeeze, I'd be
> interested in feedback on the upgrade of configuration files.
>
> Did the upgrade process stopped to ask you question about merging
> configuration files ? If yes, for which files (and packages)
>
> Did you have to edit system configuration files after squeeze upgrade ?
>
> Similarly, did you have to edit user config files (located in your home
> directory)
>
> Did you have other configuration issues ?

I didn't have any major issues, but I did have to manually merge several
config files.  If I know I modified the config file previously, I keep
my existing config file.  Then I merge my changes into the new config
file, and make that the "offical" config file.

I was questioned about some config files which I know I did not modify.
In that case, I accepted the new one blindly.

-Rob