Re: Difficulty installing Debian 6.0.0 on an old computer

On Wed 09 Feb 2011 at 18:13:54 -0600, Jason Hsu wrote:

> Thanks, Brian, I'll try installing Lenny and then upgrading.  If I still have
> trouble with Squeeze, then I'll have to stick with Lenny until I buy a
> somewhat newer computer that doesn't have problems with the Debian Squeeze
> CD.

As it happens I used PLOP and a usb stick to install Squeeze on one
machine. The netinst.iso was put on to the stick using

   cat netinst.iso > /dev/sdX

If the Squeeze installer and your machine don't get on it may not help
you - but you never know.