Re: Migration from Lenny to Squeeze: any feedback about configuration upgrade issues ?

Dominique Dumont <domi@komarr.gre.hp.com> wrote:

> Did the upgrade process stopped to ask you question about merging
> configuration files ? If yes, for which files (and packages)

No! Just the old messages about replacing your configs with the new maintainer's version. There definitely has to be some streamlining here! I would totally love a system where it took all your customizations and added it to the new config file.

> Did you have to edit system configuration files after squeeze upgrade ?

Yes! And worse, all kinds of things are broken now. :(

> Similarly, did you have to edit user config files (located in your home
> directory)

I probably will. I just upgraded last night!

> Did you have other configuration issues ?

Yes! All sorts of things on my system are broken now. Fonts, sound, graphics, X, the console, major apps, keyboard and mouse behavior, missing packages ... did I miss anything? I don't know, but this is the worst part of an upgrade. I just hope I can get my system back soon! Is this the right place to ask for help??