Installation on SSD

Should anything special be done when installing solely on an SSD? I know that the defaults will work, but I want to know if better can be done.

I have already done many web searches and readings of wiki pages and articles. I seem to have amassed conflicting information.

What is the bottom line with:
mount options (TRIM, noatime)
block alignment
file system (which one? journaling? Journal metadata only or metadata and data?)
swap
partitioning (GPT, MBR, BIOS?)
scheduler (no-op, deadline, CFQ)

I ask this with hopes of not being flamed. I know there are many articles dedicated to this, but they are out-dated or conflict with each other.

With the new release of Debian and advances in kernel versioning and patches, is there anything special I should do?