Re: Skype

2011/2/9 Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com>
On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 09:46 +0100, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> 2011/2/8 Simon Brandmair <sbrandmair@gmx.net>

>>  I am successfully running the Ubuntu 8.10+ 64-bit version on debian
>>  squeeze 64bit.

> well, I finally installed ia32-* and followed this thread on debian forum to
> installskype
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52178&start=0#p300420

> skype works, but when I do a test call and record a message I hear my voice
> like if it were slowed down, such cavernous

I really wouldn't resort to any --force-??? option for dpkg (ever!¹).
Could you revert your changes and try it again with the 64bit version
for Ubuntu?  It works without a problem on many systems and you don't
have to force anything.

I am currently using the 64bit ubuntu release, this one to be more precisely
wget http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-beta-ubuntu-64

and this package depends on ia32-libs, lib32stdc++6, lib32asound2, libc6-i386, lib32gcc1 as shows the `dpkg -s skype`

so I wonder, what's you setup? your `dpkg -l *32*|grep ^ii` for example

It is also outside of the scope of debian-user to support skype, because
there is nothing we can do about it to change it. The installation
procedure I outlined above works. If it does not for you, ask on the
skype ML/Forum for Linux. They are typically quite responsive and
helpful.

ubuntu should also be outside the scope of debian-user IMHO :-)

regards
raffaele