Re: Firware drivers?

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 14:51 +0100, Geronimo wrote:

> Now its time, to become more pragmatic, which means, debian should offer
> installation media, that include non-free firmware ...
> That installation media should be marked as non-free, but I think, it is vital
> to have it.
>
> Many people have to install machines without internet access, so its not
> possible during installation follow a link or build an additional cd.
> This will happen mostly in comercial environments, but it happened to me at
> home too.

Which is precisely the reasoning which lead Debian to provide a netinst
iso which includes non-free firmware ;-). The press release about the
Squeeze release points people to http://wiki.debian.org/Firmware

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments