Re: Firware drivers?

2011/2/8 Geronimo <geronimo013@arcor.de>:
> Hello,
>> The release notes are a hand-holding document.  If something is important
>> enough to be a pitfall during the upgrade process, it needs to be described
>> in the *upgrade* section of the release notes.  "implied" in the "what's
>> new" doesn't cut it.
>
> Sorry, but that's nothing new.
>
> The struggles of debian to become free is a story of various years (not days
> or months). I think, the current state is important and it is great, that the
> debian team has achieved it.
>
> Now its time, to become more pragmatic, which means, debian should offer
> installation media, that include non-free firmware ...

No, Debian "should not" contribute with close/private hardware.

> That installation media should be marked as non-free, but I think, it is vital
> to have it.

No, it is not vital! it could be vital having a wifi device which does
not need a close/private firmware!

> Many people have to install machines without internet access, so its not
> possible during installation follow a link or build an additional cd.
> This will happen mostly in comercial environments, but it happened to me at
> home too.

Yes, it happend to me, but then is when "good hardware" is welcome!
I am using, only rtl devices with 4 laptops at my office.

--
           Consultores Agropecuarios.
Administracion, Produccion, Capacitacion.